Yoski,
Yesterday I said I would tell you more about my battle with the cancer and why I think I may have the upper hand but, first the radiation is still working inside my mouth and causing its effects to be felt. My mouth is still super sensitive to food and even canned foods which seem bland enough contain spices and my mouth comes alive. It's the hardest thing about real food is finding something which I can eat that a) doesn't add to the thick sticky saliva or b) is bland enough for me to eat. Remember my throat is still tender from the Tracheotomy.
On Saturday June 28th Dr. Body Lau, an ENT Specialist who assisted with the Tracheotomy stopped by to see me in my room. Lau works for Dr. G. Anderson the surgeon who will remove the lymph node mass, if necessary, later this summer. Anyway, Dr. Lau had his portable scope with him and you know what that means! Yup we're sticking this thing up your nose and down into your mouth.
Well his first attempt was some what successful he told me he had to go in again. He sent his assistant down to to his office to get some local freezing spray. While she was away he explained what he was going to do and what he expected of me. I asked for a few moments to give myself Reiki and while his assistant was away I gave myself Reiki and lower my anxiety level and got my breathing under control. Once the spray was administered we went through the
procedure a second time but, this time he talked me through it, told me when to breathe, when to exhale when to say EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, when to say E E E E E E E E E and so on. The examination took about seven minutes. I was able to endure the discomfort. Once he had finished he congratulated me and said that was the biggest turn around Improvement he had ever encountered when doing this test.
Now for the good part. He could find no evidence of the Cancerous Tumor at the base of the left side of my tongue. He was quick to point out that this is not definitive evidence but it sure sounded good to me.
On the other hand he threw a monkey wrench into the fire by saying he thought he saw a spot at the base of my tongue on the right side, but, he was decidedly undecided about this. More tests for sure when I see Dr. Anderson, Lau's boss, on Mon. August 11th here in Vancouver. On the 12th of August I see Dr. Leong and the FVCC Dentistry Dept.
There you have it. The tumor on my tongue may be gone. Keep your fingers crossed and let's all be positive that it's gone.
Bye for now,
Rick
Friday, July 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment