Good morning everyone,
It's 5:45 PDT and I had a quiet and uneventful night. I do know I coughed a lot because I have an unpleasant taste in my mouth. I have been able to wear my Passey Muir Valve for nearly a full day now. It makes life so much easier and I do not have to worry about a stray piece of this or that getting sucked into my Tract tube and blocking it up.
This morning I'm tired but feeling just a little bit better than yesterday. Well Duh! you say. I'm speaking in the broader sense of my well being. This morning when I had to yawn there was almost no pain in my throat. Yesterday it was very painful to yawn. It's these little things that are accumulating and making me feel better and stronger.
This will be a very short post as I would like to grab some more ZZZZZZZZ's before Brock wakes up. Yesterday I felt hungry, imagine that, I was hungry. It has been a long time since I've felt that HUNGER. Brock did not have to berate me all day about eat this Dad, eat that as he so often has to. Even my food tube feedings were manageable.
Bye for now, as usual look for more later.
Love, hugs and good wishes to everyone.
Rick
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh Rick my dear:
Did you ever think that I would be at a loss for words...........imagine that. I'm trying to write something witty here and my mind is drawing blanks. You must be elated that day by day there is improvement and light at the end of the tunnel on a daily basis and of course all along you have had far more hope than imagineable. I spoke to Brock on the phone when you first went to Surrey Memorial and I told him then how proud you would be of your son for taking such good care of you Rick! You have really had a bumpy ride lumpy (hey that rhymes). As you said yourself, it's the small things that count.
Here is a quote that I feel is very fitting:
You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt
You have kicked fear on it's ass Rick!
Keep up the good work.
Sending xo - Marjo
Here is a bit of laugh medicine! Take slowly, relect, giggle a little, giggle a lot, even laugh out loud if you're so moved!
Read the latest! Atta boy! Keep on fighting!
Spread the Stupidity
> Only in America ......do drugstores make the sick walk all
> the way to the back of the store to get their
> prescriptions, while healthy people can buy cigarettes at
> the front.
>
> Only in America ......do people order double cheeseburgers,
> large fries, and a diet coke.
>
> Only in America ......do banks leave both doors open and
> then chain the pens to the counters.
>
> Only in America ......do we leave cars worth thousands of
> dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the
> garage.
>
> Only in America ......do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten
> and buns in packages of eight.
>
> Only in America ......do we use the word 'politics'
> to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin
> meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning
> 'bloodsucking creatures'.
>
>
> Only in America ......do they have drive-up ATM machines
> with Braille lettering.
>
>
> EVER WONDER ....
>
> Why the sun lightens our hair,
> but darkens our skin?
>
> Why women can't put on mascara with their mouth closed?
>
>
> Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins
> Lottery'?
>
> Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?
>
> Why is it that doctors call what they do
> 'practice'?
>
> Why is lemon juice made with artificial flavor, and
> dishwashing liquid made with real lemons?
>
> Why is the man who invests all of your money called a
> broker?
>
> Why is the time of day with the slowest traffic called rush
> hour?
>
> Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
>
> Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
>
> Why do they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
>
> You know that indestructible black box that is used on
> airplanes? Why don't they make the whole plane out of
> that stuff?!
>
> Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
>
> Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck
> together?
>
> If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of
> progress?
>
> If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the
> terminal?
>
> Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your
> turn to spread the stupidity and send this to someone you
> want to bring a smile to (maybe even a chuckle) ... in
> other words, send it to everyone. We all need to smile
> every once in a while!
Post a Comment