Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Yowzer, he's back

Good evening everyone, I'm OUT, YAHOO.

First before I say anything else, I am sending a huge word of thanks to Kathy Honey, my daughter-in-law and mother of the three Grands. While she and Brad were down here during the past couple of weeks she and Brock cracked my password code to the Blog site and she has added wonderful posts which are factual and humorous and have kept you all up to date.

24 days at Surrey Hospital. It saved my life but, let me tell you that 3 and a 1/2 weeks is still one heck of a long time to be laying around on your butt. I got sores the size of horse shoes and we all know how much fun they are when they are so strategically placed.

Overall I am feeling pretty good but I am terribly weak. My thin saliva glands are still on the fritz and that horrible sticky saliva is the bane of my existence these days. So, a prerequisite of my discharge was that I had to purchase a portable suction machine. Yikes $490. I may be able to claim it back on my extended medical as the Doctor required it as a condition of my discharge and issued a prescription for it's purchase.

I have lost the better part of 45 pounds since May the 8th, net of the gains I have achieved this past week. My face is quite gaunt but get this, my belt is tightened down to the last hole. Golly when did I ever feel so skinny? A horrible way to lose weight and I do not recommend it to anyone else to try.

My pain is pretty much under control now. The radiation is still doing its terrible number on the inside of my mouth and as a result, I am still on the Fentanyl patch but at a much reduced strength of 25 MCG per hour. I only use the Hydromorphone at night time and at 2 grams once every 4 hours. Most nights I only take 1 pill two at the most.

The only downside of my return to Brock's house surrounds my food tube. It seems that it has sprung a leak. Brock & I will have see what we can do about that tomorrow. Problem now solved, we have a full set of spare parts on hand. Brock remembers me buying the parts, I don't have the foggiest idea when or where we got them. But, that is typical because my short term memory is quite poor these days.

So long for now,

Rick

1 comment:

Chris Hanson said...

Glad to see you are out and about, Rick. It seems that you are well and trulyh on the mend, albeit not ebfore some pretty awful suffering.

I guess now with your trim figure you will have to get usded to being a love god.

Regards,

Chris Hanson