Friday, May 23, 2008

11 down 14 to go

Yoski,

I've returned from Treatment #11 of 25. Effective this afternoon I will be restricted from driving due to my new pain medication. I have arranged for The Surrey Cancer Volunteer Drivers to pick me up and drive me home Monday to Friday next week. I'll have to rely on Brock to drive me any other places I have to go.

I lost 3.4 kilos (7.5 lbs) over the last 7 days and neither the Dietition nor the Radiation Therapists are happy with that. I have been off my food since Monday and on liquids only for the past couple of days. The Dietition suggested that I have 6 protien shakes per day along with porridge in the morning and soup at lunch or dinner time. As a result of the weight loss, I may have to have a new mask made next week on Monday and Tuesday, yukity yuk, yuk!

That's it for now.

Rick

No comments: