Friday, May 9, 2008

2 down 23 to go

Yoski everyone,

Day 2 of the Radiation Treatments has come and gone without a hitch. The new technology for these sessions has come a long way in the past 15 years and now the beams are highly focused at specific target areas which reduces damage to healthy cells. There will still be some damage to non affected areas but, the technicians tell me it is much improved over past practises.

I had more difficulty relaxing today and my shoulders were really quite tense throughout the procedure. Everything else was good. The facial mask is extremely tight and very confining so I cannot move my head even a millimetre. I am glad that claustrophobia has not been a problem. I can thank Jason Boxtart in Prince George for introducing me to Progressive Relaxation Therapy. It has helped me overcome a great many of my fears and phobias.

This weekend I will relax with Brock and his roomy Dave Penland. Saturday night one of Brock's good friends is coming over and cooking a lamb feast for us all. On Sunday night I am barbecuing beef ribs. I'm loading up on my favourites before my taste buds go south which I'm told is a distinct possibility, bummer.

I have a busy schedule next week with multiple appointments on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'll post more after each of those days.

Bye for now.

Rick

No comments: