Friday, May 23, 2008

Reflections

Good morning everyone,

Rski here. It's 8:52 AM and I am in the process of having some Cream of Wheat. I had a decent sleep last and am feeling rested today. I was in a lot of pain last night but, I took the T3 liquid every 3 hours and I slept with my head elevated.

I'm glad for my visit to the Pain Management people yesterday. I now know I CAN get through this. I'm learning more each day and what to do when things get difficult. The pain is really intense but, if I keep the Doctors and Nurses informed they help me to cope. I did not have any idea how bad the pain would be and I did not think that it would get worse each and every day. Now that I realize that, I will find the next level of consciousness to help me get through it.

This is a difficult experience but, by confronting it as I am doing I find that my self confidence is growing. Just going to see the Pain Management people was a big step for me. I look at these two areas as "positives" and I will be sure to mention them to Gregory next Wednesday when I my next counselling session.

Yesterday was a significant turning point for me. I now have a better understanding of the process and what is likely going to happen to me and I understand what all of the FVCC Staff have been telling me about it. It was a breakout day.

I'll post more over the weekend.

Bye for now,

Rick

No comments: